Tuesday 13 December 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge


Peanut Butter Fudge

Inspired by: Allrecipes.com

Why? We had friends coming over and one is vegan, so this was a sweet treat that she could eat.

I used:
¼ cup (60g) dairy free margarine
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup rice milk
½ cup dairy free peanut butter
1 ½ cups icing sugar
1tsp vanilla powder

What I did:
Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray with baking paper. 
In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt margarine, taking care not to boil it. 
Stir in the brown sugar and rice milk with a wooden spoon and continue stirring letting it boil for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat (turn off the heat) and mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
Lastly add the icing sugar and beat until smooth. 
Pour into the baking tray, and chill until set. 
Cut into squares and enjoy.

Comments after eating Peanut Butter Fudge!
The taste was really good, although it is very rich, so it is a good treat to share with your friends. The ingredient ratios used in this recipe were tweaked from users comments on the original posting, but I found that the fudge melted very easily (not to liquid, it just went soft). I googled this problem to try and find a remedy, but it seems to be a common problem with fudge (maybe it is the boiling point and not the ingredients, someone even suggested stirring until it is set). In the end I stored my fudge in the freezer, which helped a little, but I will do some more research on fudge science before I attempt this again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment