Monday 12 November 2012

Coconut, Cranberry and Walnut slice


Coconut, Cranberry and Walnut slice

Inspired by:
Chocolate coconut slice- Australian Women’s Weekly

Why?
Wanted to take something for afternoon tea to my friend’s house.

Time Taken:
10 minutes preparation+20 minutes cooking=30 minutes

Dirty Dishes:
Tray, medium bowl, fork, spoon, measuring cups, measuring spoons

I used:
125g dairy free margarine (melted)
1 cup castor sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup self raising gluten free flour
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup walnuts

What I did:
Preheat oven to 180C. 
Line 30cm x 20cm slice tray.
In a medium bowl mix margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla with a fork.
Once combined, add flour, coconut, cranberries and walnuts and mix well.
Pour into slice tray and bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
Let cool before cutting into slices.
Eat and enjoy.

Comments after eating Coconut, Cranberry and Walnut slice:
It’s a great combination of flavours and a tasty non chocolate slice.
My friends kept going back for more.

What I would do different:
I had a little less than ½ cup cranberries. I think adding more cranberries would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment