Thursday 20 October 2011

Lemon Bread


Lemon Bread

Inspired by: All recipes.com

Why?
Had lemons to use up, and am still baking for the conference.

I used:
½ cup dairy free margarine/115g
1 cup castor sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs lemon zest
1 ½ cups gluten free self raising flour
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup dairy free rice milk

What I did:
Preheat oven to 175C and line/grease 20x30cm baking dish.
In a medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamed. 
Beat in eggs, then lemon juice, and zest. 
Add flour, salt and milk, and mix well. 
When mixture is combined, pour into pan and bake for 45 mins, or until tester comes out clean.

Comments after eating Lemon Bread!
It reminds me of lemon and poppy seed muffins. I honestly expected it to have more of a lemon flavor, although I do like the taste a lot. Next time I will add more lemon juice and zest! I think the lemon butter would make a great icing for this and would give it a big lemony kick.

 Please excuse my messy kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment