Monday 3 October 2011

Coconut Ice


Coconut Ice

Inspired by:
bbcgoodfood.com

Why?
A friend was leaving Rome and I thought these would make a nice little goodbye gift.

I used:
250g icing sugar (gluten free)
250 g desiccated coconut
½ of a 425g can of coconut cream (dairy free)

What I did:
Line or grease a 20cm x30cm tray.
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir with a fork until well combined. 
Pour mixture into the tray and smooth out evenly.
Using the fork, press mixture firmly into the tray so that it covers the base (taking care to avoid cracks). Refrigerate for 3 hours then cut into squares.

Comments after eating Coconut Ice!
YUM! It’s sweet! So eat in small doses, but it always surprises me how refreshing it is, and how aptly named it is, because really it does remind me of something icy and delicious. You can add colours and layers to this easily, as well as sprinkles and all other sorts of fun and madness!


No comments:

Post a Comment