Friday 9 November 2012

GF Pizza base/flat bread



GF Pizza base/flat bread

(after cooking and before cooking)

Inspired by:
Schar bread mix. . .the recipe on the back of the packet.

Why?
I’ve been making this for a while, but a friend and recent GF convert wanted to know about Pizza bases. 
I make it without yeast.

Time Taken:
20-30 minutes

Number of Dirty Dishes:
Measuring cups, bowl, measuring spoons, mixing spoon, knife, tray

I used:
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
¾ cup warm water
2 tbs olive oil 
1 tsp salt

What I did:
Preheat oven to 200C.
Line tray and prepare desired toppings.
In a medium bowl combine gluten free flour, water, 1tbs oil and salt, and mix well (add more water if your flour is quite dry and absorbent, the dough should be well mixed, and spreadable-see picture).
Scrape the dough onto the tray and pour remaining olive oil over it.
Using a knife, spread dough on the tray as thinly as you desire.
Add toppings and bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes (until it is your preferred crispiness), or until your toppings are cooked to your satisfaction.
Take out of the oven and enjoy!

Comments after eating GF pizza base:
I love the thin crispy Roman pizza bases so this is perfect for me. 
It's a quick and delicious snack with some cheese or herbs scattered across it.
Different flour blends produce different results and it’s best to start with a bread/pizza flour blend.
It’s a little different, but all my guests have enjoyed it.

What I would do different:
I want to try out my own flour blend! I will get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment