Monday 22 August 2011

Baked Fake Cheesecake


Baked Fake Cheesecake

Inspired by: Mjs vegan cheesecake

Why? Because my non Gluten free Dairy free friend Jodie always asks me to make them for her! I also made it again for my nieces.

I used:
3 tubs Tofutti (non dairy cream cheese substitute) I think its 250g per tub
(or you can use 2 tubs of the Tofutti non dairy cream cheese and 1 tub of the Tofutti sour cream which is 300g?).
1 cup sugar
2 Tbs gluten free flour
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tsp vanilla essence/powder

Base
1 packet tea biscuits crushed (Gluten free/Dairy free)
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs dairy free margerine

What I did:
Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a 25cm diameter cheesecake tin.
Combine crushed biscuits, 2 Tbs sugar and margarine with a fork until well mixed. 
Press mixture into the lined tin to form the base. Make sure the mixture covers the bottom of the tin and it is pressed in firmly.
Mix remaining ingredients: vanilla, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cream cheese substitute,  in a bowl and stir with a fork until smooth. 
Pour on top of the biscuit base and bake until cheesecake has browned slightly on top/solidified to a jelly consistency. 
Depending on your oven this may take 1 hour or more. 
Take out of the oven (turn oven off), let cheesecake cool, and then refrigerate and enjoy.

Comments after eating Fake cheesecake!
So good I want some more! It tastes so much like cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment