Wednesday 24 August 2011

Carrot and Mint Damper


Carrot and Mint Damper
Inspired by: Masterchef Australia helping me rediscover good old damper! and Alldownunder.com.

Why? I love mint and I will use it in whatever I can. I needed to use up a few carrots, had no eggs, and thought carrot and mint would make a great combination in a bread type recipe.

I used:
2 cups self raising gluten free flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dairy free rice milk
2 tbsp dried mint leaves
1 cup grated carrot (2 medium carrots grated)


What I did:
Preheat oven to 190C, and line baking tray.
In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, sugar and mint. 
Add the butter and rub it through the flour until well mixed. 
Add milk a bit at a time, stirring, until a dough forms. 
Add a bit more milk or flour at this point if you need in order to get a good dough. 
Divide into 6 and spoon out on to the tray into mounds with at least an inch between, and bake for 30 mins, or until damper has formed a firm crust.

Comments after eating carrot and mint damper!
Yum! It’s tastes light, herby and refreshing. Love it. Exactly what I was hoping for!

No comments:

Post a Comment